There aren’t many people on Earth who enjoy cleaning. For those of you who don’t, we’ve compiled a list of tips and tricks to help you with the daunting task of CLEANING!!
- Make your own all-purpose cleaner. Every surface can be cleaned with the same cleaner. All you need are four tablespoons of vinegar, and one quart of warm water. This cleaner will clean and deodorize everything from ovens to the inside of your refrigerator. Add citrus peels, or essential oils to create a soothing smell.
- Deodorize your sneakers! Sprinkling just a teaspoon of baking soda in your sneakers will eliminate most smells from your workout shoes.
- Use toothpaste to remove marker and crayon. Toothpaste will remove marker and crayon stains from most wood surfaces. As well as countertops, and laminate flooring.
- Get rid of garbage disposal odor. Did you know taking a few lemon peels through your garbage disposal will remove most harsh odors? Try it!
- Stuffed animals need cleaned too. Do you ever wonder why it still smells in your child’s bedroom after it’s been cleaned? Try washing their stuffed animals through a gentle cycle in the washing machine. In-between washes, roll a lint roller over the animals to pick up any loose particles that may carry odors.
- Clean your hairbrush. Soaking your hair brush (after you’ve removed the hair build-up) in a warm bath with a small amount of dish soap will eliminate most gunk build-up.
- Eliminate pet smells. Sprinkle surfaces with baking soda for 15 minutes, including pet beds and blankets, then vacuum.
- How about that stinky cutting board? Run the cut side of a lemon over the surface of a cutting board. Not only will this remove unwanted odors, but it will also remove stains.
- Use vinegar to brighten windows. Add two tablespoons of white vinegar to a gallon of water and spray away. Clean off with a microfiber towel instead of paper towels to ensure that streak-free shine!
- Degrease your kitchen cabinets. Add some dish detergent to a spray bottle. Fill with warm water and spray down those greasy cabinets. Wipe off with a wet cloth, then follow up with a dry towel.
- Don’t forget about bed linens. It is recommended you wash your pillows and comforters two to three times a year. They can harbor unwanted odors as well.
- Odorless linen closets. Place an opened box of baking soda in your linen closet to get rid of those musty smells.
- Hang your bathroom towels the right way. A hook is okay to dry your towels, but a towel bar is better. Hanging the wet towels on a towel bar will allow the towel or wash rag to dry properly, eliminate most wet odors.
This list will hopefully bring you peace of mind each time you clean. Whether it is to showcase your new home, or stage your home to sell, these quick tips will have your guests talking!
Visit our website to check out our other blog posts, as well as, check out our listings!